[seqfan] Re: Run Superseeker on existing sequence?

Martin Rubey martin.rubey at math.uni-hannover.de
Fri Aug 13 21:09:05 CEST 2010

Dear Marc,

Marc LeBrun <mlb at well.com> writes:

>>> Ideally, there would be a tag "conjectured relations", that lists
>>> conjectured recurrences, differential equations, functional equations,
>
> Again, there's no requirement that conjectures, or for that matter any other
> related material, needs to physically be part of "the" OEIS database.  Any
> number of "federated" services can bloom on the web, keyed by A-number.

that's an excellent point, I didn't realise this before!  Let me dream:
when looking up a sequence, a button appears labelled "conjecture
relations", that runs superseeker (or whatever) on the sequence.

Of course, this is mostly interesting for finding relations between
*several* sequences, since it can then always use the *current*
database.

Successful searches could be cached.

I admit I have no idea how many sequences I could feed my program with,
to look for (say, algebraic) relations, and I do not really know which
kind of relations one should try to look for.  Of course, algebraic
relations are most natural, but just this month I found a relation
between Dirichlet series for

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A120421

(I'll submit the corrected and extended sequences on monday, the arxiv
changed policy and gives the eprint number only upon anouncement...)

Martin