[seqfan] trouble with lost submissions

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Aug 12 18:28:22 CEST 2010

1. several people reported that they did not get the usual
automatic acknowledgement when they sent in a new sequence or a comment

If this happens, please tell me at once. If you did not get the acknowledgement,
then probably I did not get it either (or else you made a typo
in your email address)

2. this was caused by a full disk on our external machine.
If you use the new web site, oeis.org/classic/ , this
should not happen.  Also they tell me they will fix
the problem on our machine.

3. this has been going on for some time (I'm not exactly
how long).

4.  of course some sequences that were submitted I rejected,
for one of several reasons. The same thing for comments.

5.  I can look at the log files, and try to see what was lost.
This will take me a few days. I will try to get get caught up
with all submission in the next few days. It is complicated because
even now I am still getting over 100 contributions every day.

Neil