[seqfan] Quadratics in the OEIS

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Tue Aug 31 06:55:07 CEST 2010

I've collected a list of sequences which seem to be quadratic:
http://math.crg4.com/oeis-quadratics.html

Eventually I'd like to greatly expand the index entry/wiki category by
using this list.  Any feedback would be welcome -- especially if you
find a sequence that doesn't belong.  I checked the sequences, but
with this many (over 1000) it would be easy to neglect some.

After filtering out the sequences that don't match quadratic
polynomials (or which match linear polynomials, since I'll deal with
those separately) I removed the sequences I found that weren't right,
to wit: A050267, A094914, A105340, A107973, A115535, A132337, A158865,
A168028.  More details are on the page itself.

The list is not entirely up to date; new sequences like A180232 have
been omitted.  But it should be fairly complete.  If you know of
omissions I would be interested in those as well.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University