[seqfan] Re: Another "interpret this sequence!" brainteaser

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Tue Aug 3 03:03:40 CEST 2010

> The sequence seems to count n-digit primes (in decimal notation) which have
> no digit 0 and no repeated digits.

Ah.  That seems to explain it, though I get a(8) = 23082 where the
author has 55440.  a(8) has to be the last term, since 0-free 9-digit
primes must have repeated decimal digits or they'd be divisible by 9.

> We did this one back in May. :^)

Sorry, I missed that!  I see now that both of the issues I raise above
have been discussed.

I'll submit changes to the sequence since I suppose no one else did then.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University