[seqfan] Re: A combinatorial problem

Alois Heinz heinz at hs-heilbronn.de
Wed Aug 4 23:09:36 CEST 2010

Vladimir,

if you consider a computer program equivalent to a (closed) mathematical
formula, then we have solutions to A003043 and to A179926.  But programs
tend to take more time to run as the input (or argument) gets larger.
Evaluating
A179926(n) is fast, if n is less than a few hundred.  So it is easy to
show that
a (p_1*p_2*p_3*p_4) = 5712 (and not 1080 or 1368).  For example, see
all the 5712 permutations of divisors of 2*3*5*7=210 that are counted by
A179926(210):

http://mitarbeiter.hs-heilbronn.de/~heinz/a179926.txt

I do not have time to improve existing programs or to compute more values
of these sequences.  But a submitter of a new sequence should make sure
that the first few submitted values and the formulas are correct and not
"lower estimates".

Alois