[seqfan] Re: OEIS in Science News

peter.luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 22:14:20 CEST 2010

It is written like classic journalists are trained to
write such a subject: turned into a personal story.

And I do not mind; though it does not tell the full story
it certainly tells the most important aspect.

Let me cite the last two sentences:

| Sloane has already set up a non-profit foundation to manage
| the database and transferred the intellectual property rights
| to it. That moment was wrenching for Sloane: "It felt a bit
| like giving away one’s children."

When I was waiting for my first child a wise women told me:
"Look at it like at a bird. As long as it needs a nest, give
it a nest. When it wants to fly, let it fly."

Best, Peter