[seqfan] Re: project: looking for connections between sequences

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:53:21 CEST 2010

Once the source is released*, the only real limitation will be the
human time needed to analyze the resulting data.  If the superseeker
takes 1 CPU-minute to analyze a sequence, then a dedicated computer
could crunch through the whole database in a few months.  If it took
10 minutes per sequence, an 8-core computer could do it in a few
months.  And I'm sure that for a project like this there would be
volunteers available.  (Me, if no one else!)

But I think that reading superseeker output and determining what is
relevant is a much harder task than having the sequences run through
superseeker, so choosing fewer sequences is still advantageous.

* I understand that this isn't a priority.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University