[seqfan] Re: « King-walking » integers in a square box

Thomas Kellar wangude at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:28:29 CEST 2010

New person here.  I don't get it.  Why cannot you submit a 4X4 grid  like:

7777,
7797,
8777

I don't believe you can anything that has a 98 in it.  E.g, 98999999

is not constructable. 99999999 is. 77777777 is.

Did I violate any grid construction rules?    Maybe I misunderstood:

"...such that the smallest number that cannot be made is maximal"

Thanks,

Thomas Kellar