[seqfan] Re: Superseeker goes Open Source

Christopher Gribble chris.eveswell at virgin.net
Mon Aug 16 16:55:25 CEST 2010

I cannot see the link.

Chris Gribble

-----Original Message-----
From: seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu [mailto:seqfan-bounces at list.seqfan.eu]
On Behalf Of N. J. A. Sloane
Sent: 16 August 2010 1:37 AM
To: seqfan at seqfan.eu
Cc: njas at research.att.com
Subject: [seqfan] Superseeker goes Open Source

Several people have suggested that since the two email servers will soon
move to the home for the OEIS, it is time to make the source code public.

I've now done that - see the Superseeker link at the bottom of any OEIS
page.

Keep in mind that these programs were begun in 1994 and have been frequently
revised for three generations of machines over a period of 16 years.
And they were never intended to be made public.

Many thanks to Mira Bernstein, Harm Derksen, Olivier Gerard, Christian
Kratthentaler, John Linderman, Simon Plouffe, Bruno Salvy, Paul Zimmermann
and others whose programs were incorporated in Superseeker.

In recent years several other people have offered their own programs (for
finding recurrences, formulas, patterns, generating functions, etc.) for
inclusion in Superseeker. Perhaps we can now add them when we make the move
to the new home. Unfortunately I can't right now find the list I made of
them.

Neil