[seqfan] Re: Decreasing runs - a permutation of the naturals

Alex M timeroot.alex at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 23:20:41 CEST 2010

Upon a bit of inspection, one can see that there are an infinite number of
fixed points in the sequence... they are

3,5,15,39....

I wonder if there are an infinite of number of sequences like the two you
have mentioned?

~6 out of 5 statisticians say that the number of statistics that either make
no sense or use ridiculous timescales at all has dropped over 164% in the
last 5.62474396842 years.