[seqfan] Re: Poll: Sequences Suitable For Crunchers vs. Formula Finding Algorithms

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Wed Aug 25 23:44:10 CEST 2010

In my interpretation, they're mutually exclusive, essentially
different points along a scale.  "Hard" is used when coming up with
terms is really hard: someone who extends the sequence might well get
a paper out of it.  (They may not, of course -- but still, much effort
is required.)  "More" is used when the terms are desired, but the
effort -- computer or otherwise -- is smaller.

Similarly, I see nice, less, and dumb as a spectrum.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University