[seqfan] Re: Poll: Sequences Suitable For Crunchers vs. Formula Finding Algorithms

Donald Alan Morrison donmorrison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 00:12:32 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Charles Greathouse
<charles.greathouse at case.edu> wrote:
> In my interpretation, they're mutually exclusive, essentially
> different points along a scale.  "Hard" is used when coming up with
> terms is really hard: someone who extends the sequence might well get
> [...]

Yes, I think my example obfuscated my real question:

The "more" keyword does not tell me if more terms are desired to
create more a-files (new relations), or simply for the sake of
completing the sequence.  Likewise, the "fini" keyword doesn't tell me
if a finite sequence is worth extending.

I'm interested which sequences are suitable for non-superseeker style
crunching...sequences begging for the best brute force crunching
available (example: BOINC).

Don