[seqfan] Re: Quadratics in the OEIS

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Tue Aug 31 15:35:55 CEST 2010

I hadn't noticed that, Richard.  Does anyone else have thoughts about
eventually-recurrent sequences?  I had planned to put them in some
category paralleling
http://oeis.org/wiki/Category:Eventually_periodic
which I created for this sort of purpose, but maybe they should all be combined.

Arguments for combining:
* That's how we're doing it now -- or at least how Richard is doing it now
* There aren't too many sequences like this: no need for a hierarchy
with just a few members

Arguments against combining:
* The basic relation a(n) = An^2 + Bn + C is lost -- you can no longer
expect that just because a sequence is in the category you can
calculate terms from any three

Similarly, what about other eventually-foo sequences?  nonn?

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University