[seqfan] Lack-a-day

Richard Guy rkg at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Thu Dec 2 19:13:13 CET 2010

Dear all,
          I'm very discouraged at the way OEIS
is going.  I suppose it's just the inevitability
of my old age.  Here is a (final?) contribution,
though recent experience suggests that no-one
will take any notice.

          It seems to me (though my Mother always
told me that I'm not a good looker!) that there
is nothing under A007598 except the bare sequence.
Or is that all I'm allowed to see these days?

          It's a divisibility sequence.  It is
a third order recurring sequence with characteristic
polynomial    x^3 - 2x^2 - 2x + 1,
             roots -1, tau^2, 1/tau^2
generating function  x(1-x)/(1-2x-2x^2+x^3)

          And there must be occurrences in the real
world?

          Goodbye!  It was fun while it lasted.  R.