[seqfan] Re: OEIS license: CC by-sa option?

Ron Hardin rhhardin at att.net
Mon Dec 6 18:41:10 CET 2010

 rhhardin at mindspring.com
rhhardin at att.net (either)

----- Original Message ----

I think that worrying about free-riders is misguided.  The chief thing is load
on the website.

As to somebody else building a better site based on it, more power to them.
Competition for better quality and more usefulness is good.

An interesting podcast on intellectual property in general, and why it might not
empirically be a good idea, links off of
http://www.econtalk.org/archives/_featuring/michele_boldrin/

Chiefly you get monopoly rent-seeking from intellectual property, without any
increase in invention, is the idea.

Maybe preventing monopoly rent-seeking ought to be the plan.