[seqfan] Re: A thought about the license: on "merciless editing"

Klaus Brockhaus klaus-brockhaus at t-online.de
Tue Dec 14 22:17:31 CET 2010

  Alonso,

if I got it right, the following text from the Edit page is not part of
the license, just an important information addressed to those who are
about to contribute:

Contributions are contributed under The OEIS Contributor's License
Agreement
<http://oeis.org/wiki/The_OEIS_Contributor%27s_License_Agreement>, and
may be edited, altered, or
removed by other contributors. If you do not want your writing to be
edited mercilessly, then do not submit it here.

So all considerations about "edited mercilessly" from a legal viewpoint
or assumptions regarding what researchers would prefer seem completely
off the point. I think the items you list as the researchers preferences
go without saying.

Regards,
                     Klaus