[seqfan] Re: Exit

RGWv rgwv at rgwv.com
Thu Dec 30 00:12:44 CET 2010

?Et al,

I nominate the sequence A036057, "Friedman numbers: can be written in a
nontrivial way using their digits and the operations + - * / ^ and
concatenation of digits (but not of results)" as Sequence of the Day for
January 1, 2011.

It is the quintessential sequence for recreational mathematics connected to
the years and how they can be generated from either its own digits (as per
the Friedman numbers) or from a list of the integers (as per Hans
Havermann's email today). Its too bad that 2011 is not in the sequence.

I think that Charles W. Triggs would have been pleased with this sequence.

Bob.