[seqfan] Re: Number of Euler graphs: A002854 or something else?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Feb 5 02:15:55 CET 2010

Brendan said:

> And OEIS should state the definition being used for A002854.

It does!  Look:

%C A002854 A graph is an Euler graph iff every node has even degree. It need not be connected.

This definition is the one used in most of the references given in A002854, I believe.

Certainly Jaap Seidel always used it.

And it is the definition used by one of the great classic books,
Seshu and Reed, Linear Graphs and Electrical Networks,
McGraw-Hill 1961, a book I studied in great detail when it came out!

Of course definitions can change over time, and in any case
one should not argue about them too much.

Neil