[seqfan] Re: definition of A002848

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Feb 9 18:09:32 CET 2010

Possibly (I haven't really checked, but the pattern is right) A002849
is the number of partitions of a subset of 1..n into triples X+Y=Z,
with the maximum possible number of such triples.  A002848 would then
be the number of such partitions that include n in one of the triples.

If this is correct, I would argue that A002849(1) and A002849(2) should
both be 1, representing the empty partition.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters