[seqfan] Re: How special is 26?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:33:53 CET 2010

Excellent points, Hagen, I'd like to address them one by one.

1.) That's right, it does not. That requirement came from my initial inquiry
into the topic, and I don't think A069586 needs to be modified to include
it. Nor would I submit a new sequence with that requirement since, aside
from a few values, it would be essentially the same as A069586.
2.) By my understanding of the sequence, any value may be repeated. A
Mathematica program that I wrote using prime powers from 4 to 9840769
confirms all 85 values of the sequence currently given, which has only 18
distinct values and many instances of 4, 8, 9, to name just a few besides 0.
3.) I have not yet studied A025475 in any great detail, but I definitely
should.
4.) Any problem with a definition clause is more than a nit. If there's any
fault in the logic of "or 0 if no such q^l," then it needs to be changed.

Al