[seqfan] 0^n in A097135

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 01:56:56 CET 2010

I'm not sure I understand what's the point of 0^n in the definition of
A097135. For n < 0 it's complex infinity, for n = 0 it's indeterminate, and
for n > 0 it's just 0. I am aware that there are some calculators that will
give 0^0 = 1 (we've probably discused that in this list), but even if we
agreed that's the proper definition, it might perhaps be more
straightforward to define the sequence as a(n) = 3F_n with the arbitrary
assignment a(0) = 1. Or change a(0) to 0 or maybe drop a(0) altogether.

Al