[seqfan] Re: Comment on A068982 and The Global Cohen-Lenstra Heuristic

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sun Jan 3 10:43:11 CET 2010

writing about groups, looks like every group that has a map to Z gives a sequence:

start with a generator, apply the group operation n-1 times, map to a(n).
(e.g. linear recurrences with constant coefficients are related to matrix powers and A006769 is closely related to a multiple of a point on EC)

are there other sequences in OEIS resulting from group operations?