[seqfan] Re: SoupAutomat

Frank Buss fb at frank-buss.de
Sun Jan 24 15:07:46 CET 2010

> Il the next cell has a value > 9, then [n/10] must be multiplied by 10
> before being added.
> (because the contents of the cells are supposed to be written "left-
> aligned").

But a normal addition doesn't work, because if the next cell has a value of
e.g. 39 and the value to add is 9, it would result in 129, but the carry bit
has to be added to the cell after this cell. It is difficult to explain,
when optimized with multiply carry variables, so now I've tried to explain
it with multiple lines and the special addition rule. But the Python script
is updated with the optimized algorithm.

Looks like the JavaScript implementation I've found does the same, but the
code is a bit strange, e.g. it is not possible that a cell has a value
greater than 55 before normalization, so why testing for it? I hope my
implementation is ok now:

http://www.frank-buss.de/automaton/SoupAutomat/

(hit reload, if it is the old web page from yesterday)

Frank Buss, fb at frank-buss.de