[seqfan] Re: Re "Timeline"

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 06:22:38 CET 2010

Alonso --

I was going to suggest that you add just one item per year giving the number
of sequences in he database at that point -- for example January 1st, or the
first date in that year for which we have data.

That takes care of almost all of LOG.txt; the remainder should be easy to
decide on a case-by-case basis.

I believe you should not include anything personal that might be taken "the
wrong way" (like the May 2000 "deleted 100 horrible..." comment)

If it were up to me I would include things like:
   Jul 24 2000: "Now over 40 times the size of the 1995 book"
   Dec 3 2000: "Added new feature:  replies are now sorted with "best"
matches first"

(By the way, to count Google links, "
http://www.google.com/search?q=link:njas-sequences" is better and currently
returns 10,100 versus 1300 for "
http://www.google.com/search?q=link:www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/".
    If you want to count Google links for a particular sequence use
something like *link:njas-sequences +A000045* which gives 203 hits. The "-"
and "+" are essential.
   *Challenge for advanced Googlers*: *Find the OEIS sequence that has the
most Google hits, in O(log N) time (where N is the number of sequences in
OEIS). Do this without triggering Google's automated query protection.*)

- Robert

--
 Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com