[seqfan] wanted application of OEIS for man-in-street

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Jul 21 03:32:08 CEST 2010

Someone I know is planning an article about the OEIS
for a main-stream magazine. But the editor said, Huh? This
is just lists of numbers, right? What's the big deal?

Does anyone have an argument why the man-in-the-street
should care about the OEIS?

[I once got a letter from someone in Attica prison,
who said he had an infallible scheme for
winning at horse race track betting. He wanted help.
He said he told the scheme to his cell-mate, but the
cell-mate was released. I am afraid I did not reply.]

Neil