[seqfan] a puzzle sequebce

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Jul 26 02:57:56 CEST 2010

- i dont know answer

this was from Terry Stickel

i'm at a hotelw
with pitiful wifi service by the way

>From Terrystickels at aol.com Sun Jul 25 11:53:58 2010
From: Terrystickels at aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:53:45 EDT
Subject: ???
To: njas at research.att.com

Neil:

Hope this finds you well. A reader of mine sent me the following sequence
and swears there are enough terms in it to find the next number/s:

0,0, 6,42,156  . . .

He goes on to say that the first zero is the " zeroth " term, the second
zero, of course, is the first term. I'm usually pretty good at cracking these
 and unless he has made a mistake in presentation, I don't have a clue as
to what  this sequence is. I did find one sequence in your Encyclopedia that
begins 6,42,  156  . .  but I'm not sure if that is applicable here. Any
guesses?

any ideas? - neil