[seqfan] Re: "near-Fibonacci sequences" and interval [0,1]

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Wed Jul 7 13:03:31 CEST 2010

Thanks, Marc, for your remarks.

There are many sequences in OEIS having no any general formula, such that the "decoding" of its definitions is obtained with some exactness connecting with  number of the computed terms.  In such cases we have only an approximative impression about a sequence over its first terms. Therefore, there are so many  b-files ( up to 100,500,1000 etc.) in OEIS making our impression more exact and giving a possibility to compare a sequence with others. The idea to use CF, maybe, is good, but I yet prefer to use the binary expansions.

Regards,
Vladimir