[seqfan] Re: Interest Poll: BOINC project for "hard" sequences

Donald Alan Morrison donmorrison at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:11:09 CEST 2010

>  I agree with that, for 30 euros per month you get
> a server on the web with hundreds of gigabytes and
> lots of bandwith.

Good to know! Also great to hear from the Plouffe of BBP fame(!) ;)
I will take a look at your links shortly.

One other option I just learned about that may drive down cost is
there are preconfigured BOINC virtual machine servers, that can run on
VMWare or VirtualBox servers.

I think my noise/signal ratio has just hit its optimum level, so I
will look forward to hearing from everyone who is interested (and slow
my email rate).

Cheers,
Don