[seqfan] Re: OT: paper "Number representations and dragon curves"

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Thu Jun 3 10:06:44 CEST 2010

Thanks for your comments.

Indeed I stepped on seq A106665, see section
1.31.3.2 "The alternate paper-folding sequence"
on pp.90-92 of the fxtbook.

Looks like I should add the following
(brutally fast) routine to A106665:

bool bit_paper_fold_alt(ulong k)
{
    ulong h = k & -k;  // == lowest_one(k)
    h <<= 1;
    ulong t = h & (k ^ 0xaaaaaaaaUL);  // 32-bit version
    return  ( t!=0 );
}

See also my seqs A176416, A175337, A176405,
and my comments in A014577 and A080846.

I am aware of Gilbert's papers (and many more
publications regarding this topic).
Just wanted to cite the (apparently) earliest paper
and I cannot obtain it since years.

cheers,  jj

* Robert Munafo <mrob27 at gmail.com> [Jun 03. 2010 09:37]: