[seqfan] Re: Concerns about some recent comments by Jaroslav Krizek

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Mon Jun 14 19:00:40 CEST 2010

It seems to me these comments ought to be removed, because they're totally
irrelevant, at least for the handful of sequences I checked.

I'm not sure what further response to recommend.  Presumably such spamming
is "FITW" (Fixed In The Wiki) by having an editorial review process?

You might gently suggest to the contributor that while OEIS entries are not
an appropriate venue he might want to consider writing up his conjectures
for publication on another web site, perhaps his own?  ("kicking the can")

An idea that might act as a sort of lightning rod to divert crankishness
from polluting the entries would be to have some kind of *unmoderated*
comment area on the site, with a disclaimer about "the unmoderated views and
comments expressed here are not necessarily validated nor endorsed by the
OEISF".  Many news sites and blogs now have these, and they certainly absorb
a lot of spew--I saw one this weekend that claimed over 99K comments!