[seqfan] Re: A000000

Douglas McNeil mcneil at hku.hk
Wed Jun 16 18:06:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Tanya Khovanova
<mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have many sequences that reference OEIS. For example, sequence a(n) = A00000n(n), and so on.
> Every time we add/change a sequence with a small sequence number we need to recheck all such sequences.

A-number-involving sequences seem very silly to me: are there so few
interesting sources of entropy in the universe left that we need to
resort to the A-number dispenser?

But such a sequence which is well-defined now when there is no A000000
but which would change its values if an empty A000000 were added is
_extremely_ perverse.

Doug

--
Department of Earth Sciences