[seqfan] Re: A000000 (proved/proven)

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Thu Jun 17 10:05:05 CEST 2010

Your second link says proven is OK, but math is not mentioned.
So (e.g.) I assume I need not modify the following
 (snippets, not a running text):
------------
In general, the factorization of $p-1$ can contain large factors
whose primality needs to be proven.

For numbers of the form $p=q\cdot{}2^t+1$ with $q$ odd and $2^t>q$
primality can be proven as follows: [...]

// If false is returned, then n is proven composite (also for n=1 or n=0).

  if ( !is_strong_pseudo_prime(n, a, q, t) )  return false;  // proven composite

As a matter of taste (and using American English),
should any/all of these be changed?

* Robert Israel <israel at math.ubc.ca> [Jun 16. 2010 22:29]: