[seqfan] Re: web changes (AT) by @ and publishes e-mails

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Jun 30 21:45:26 CEST 2010

Well, yes, but ... people do propose such problems, and other people do
find the right (intended) answer. One should really ask for the most
plausible next term, or some such wording, but we do understand that
that is what is meant.

Actually, we here are uniquely in a position to define such a correct
answer: look up the terms given in the OEIS, and find the matching
sequence with the most references to it. The next term in that sequence
is the answer. (If there are no matches, add the sequence; then there
will be.)

(More formally, one could ask for the smallest Turing machine that
generates the values listed, and ask what it generates for the next
term; but this is not a practical algorithm.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters