[seqfan] Pandigital primes in bases 8, 12, 16, 20, 36

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 00:02:55 CET 2010

If it interests anyone, I am slightly curious to find out a few pandigital
primes in bases 8, 12, 16, 20, 36. I just got done adding
http://oeis.org/wiki/Classifications_of_prime_numbers#By_representation_in_specific_bases
There
are other calculations I'm much more interested in, but I have to admit I do
care a tiny bit to know the answer to this one. There is also the
interesting issue of representing such large numbers in a compact manner. In
the case of the third vigesimal Smarandache-Wellin prime, I searched long
and hard for a concise way to express it in the form x^y - r, but to no
avail.

Of the various sequences listed in that new section which are not already in
the OEIS as A-numbered sequences, the only one which I would consider worth
submitting is the sequence of binary Smarandache-Wellin primes, and even
that only after further study and after Neil's vacation. But if any of y'all
find anything interesting in the others, I hope you'd share it in this list.

Al