[seqfan] Re: Sequence A037153

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Mar 5 15:30:59 CET 2010

Thanks to people who replied.  But I am still worried,
because

>The values in a037153.txt are "basically" correct:
- the value for n=815 is missing, that is, n=814 is followed by n=816,
  which means values after n=814 are suspicous because it is not clear
  whether there is a slip in the index n or in the a(n), or whether n=815 is
  just completely knocked out.

This makes me suspicious of the whole file.

> - At least the first 344 entries of a037153.txt are correct,
  if compared with an equivalent Maple program:
  http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~mathar/progs/b037153.txt (growing...)

This has now reached 600 or so, so if it still agrees with a037153.txt
up to that point then we can be sure of those values.

Maybe Bob Wilson could re-do his calculation?  Either he
has a faster machine, or Mma is faster than Maple on this
problem (or both).

Bob,  you did not reply to my first message.  Do you have
any comments?  Can you explain why
there is a gap at n=815?

Maybe someone else could redo the calculation with mma (up to 1200, say)?

Neil