[seqfan] Re: Is This Sequence Ever Negative?

Klaus Brockhaus klaus-brockhaus at t-online.de
Sun Mar 7 18:53:33 CET 2010

Richard Mathar schrieb:
> On a side note, I prefer to write tau(.), never d(.), for the number of divisors
> of an argument. It is a good idea to stick to sigma(.), tau(.),
> phi(.), prime(.), Fibonacci(.), rad(.), mu(.), pi(.), binomial(.,.) for the basic
> number-theoretical functions.

I suggest that those notations are declared to be the *official* OEIS
notation (prime(.) already is, see spelling and notation in the index)
at a suitable place of an OEIS page (help file, index, ...).

Well, "... there is some controversy regarding the notation" (Leroy
Quet). Therefore deviations can be allowed, but only if an explanatory
note is included.