[seqfan] Re: seqs whose |differences| are 1,2,3,4,...

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:51:31 CET 2010

That's close to what I'm getting (see the new thread based on my specific
algorithm, which may differ from the original problem)

I also get a 2*3^k "gap" size (I called them "clumps of holes", but it's the
same thing) but I differ on what the actual "gaps" are. You got 15-20, I got
14-19; instead of 45-62 I got 44-61, and so on.

Also of note are the sizes of the blocks of integers included by the
sequence (the "figure" to which the gaps are the "ground") which are: 8, 24,
72, 216, 648, ... or 8*3^k.

--
 Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com