[seqfan] Re: seqs whose |differences| are 1,2,3,4,...

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Mar 12 04:22:02 CET 2010

Leaving aside the question of definitions, it doesn't really matter in
this case whether we deal with the positive integers or the
non-negative integers.  Just add or subtract 1 from every term to
switch between them.  And since Recaman's sequence A005132 is in the
database with the non-negative integers, that's what we should use -
regardless of how Neil phrased the question.

Although, it might be good to add a comment/formula to A063733 noting
the exact relationship to Recaman's sequence: a(n+1) = A005132(n)+1.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters