[seqfan] Re: A123456 = Albumblatt für Elise (- 20 ?)

Simon Plouffe simon.plouffe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:03:04 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

Just a note : the book 'la disparition' of Georges PEREC
does exist, it is not a joke. I have that book, I was skeptic
so I scanned the book to find the letter E : no success.
There is no single letter E in it, apart from the author's
name and the usual copyright stuff at the beginning.

But also : that book was translated into english and
the title is 'the void' with the same constraint, the story
is the same, just names have changed.

Later in his life, Georges PEREC repeated the exploit
of writing a book with a much higher goal :
The book ' Les Revenentes' contains only the vowel E,
no A's, no I's no O's etc. The book is almost unreadable.

I also scanned that book: it is true, only E appears in it.

There is a general rule of all this : the higher is the
constraint the harder it will be to read it.

Best Regards,

simon plouffe