[seqfan] Re: No "-1" value in A047949?

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Sun Mar 14 21:50:33 CET 2010

> Charles, it appears that there's a typo in "a(n) is n-2 infinitely often,
> ...".  Did you possibly mean "n-3"?  If so, is that known to be true?

Thanks for catching that embarrassing mistake!  I must admit that was
a mind-o, not a typo.  But yes, it's true (the n-3 version); by
Dirichlet's theorem, this happens Theta(n/log^2 n) of the time in
1..n.  It's a much easier question than proving A063908 infinite.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University