[seqfan] Re: A174397 and primes with negative value.

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Mar 19 22:27:13 CET 2010

My cut at this is that negations of primes are very definitely prime.
However, "the primes" is usually shorthand for "the primes of N" or
"the primes of the non-negative integers" (these are the same, since 0
is not prime).

This being the case, any use of "prime" to include the negative primes
should be clearly identified.  A phrase like "positive or negative
prime" is quite sufficient.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters