[seqfan] Set operations (was Re: binary expansion 1+0*)

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Mar 22 22:46:35 CET 2010

A quick survey of 100 random sequences (using WebCam) found that 61
were (or appeared to be) sets in increasing order, 3 were sets, but not
in order, and 36 were not sets. (I didn't count, but perhaps a dozen of
the non-sets failed to be sets only by repetition of 2 or more zeros at
the start.)

That doesn't leave much room for a majority of the OEIS to represented
by set operations from some core. My guess would be that no more than
about 10% can be so defined, maybe significantly less.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters