[seqfan] Re: Fibonacci animation

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 18:05:24 CEST 2010

Related to this, I'm just wondering whether Catalan numbers
occur in some "obvious" way in Nature?
(i.e. in biology, chemistry, physics or astronomy?)

What about other recurrences, apart from Fibonacci's?

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM, I wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010, Tanya Khovanova wrote:
>>

>> http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/22/dreamlike-animation.html
>>

> Superb! I would like to see him make a sequel, about Catalan numbers.
> (I might had a few snippets for the script...)

Or to be honest, just a few loose ideas, some of them borrowed from
Gardner. (His 1976 Sci-Am article, or was it 1977, don't remember
now...)

-- Antti