[seqfan] Re: does 148 belong to A094612 ?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat May 1 21:13:10 CEST 2010

There were several postings in this thread last Wednesday. In the end,
Drew said:

I agree that the description should be clarified. I encountered the same
problem some time ago with A014602 and A014603, both of which only list
fundamental discriminants without making this constraint explicit.

If someone is motivated to clean this up, it would probably be worth having
4 distinct, properly named sequences for each class number n, e.g.:

   imaginary quadratic discriminants of class number n
   fundamental imaginary quadratic discriminants of class number n
   real quadratic discriminants of class number n
   fundamental real quadratic discriminants of class number n

I would suggest treating at least n=1,2,3, and possibly up to 10, since we
already cover some of these cases.

Me:  I have revised the definition of A094612.  Could someone kindly
carry out th rest of Drew's suggestions?  Up to d=10, if possible.

Thanks!   Neil