[seqfan] 1/4 Pascal Triangle

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue May 18 07:46:26 CEST 2010

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/?q=id%3AA046563|id%3AA046564
[First numerator and then denominator|First denominator and then
numerator] of each element of the 1/4-Pascal triangle (by row).

It seems like every variant of these is present except the two that
should be: "frac,tabl" sequences for the numerators and denominators.

These two in particular are wrong, since they have the "tabl" keyword,
but the actual row lengths are 2n, not n. I'm not sure what to do with
all these. Sequences relating to the 1/4 Pascal triangle continue up to
A046600, at which point the 1/5 Pascal triangle kicks in. Please at
least glance at what is in the database before making suggestions for
corrections.

Basic approaches that occur to me: eliminate all the sequences with
numerator,denominator (or denominator,numerator) sequences, replacing
them with separate numerator and denominator sequences (some of the
denominator sequences already exist). Or fix the (tabl vs. tabf)
keywords, and add separate numerator and denominator sequences. Or just
fix the keywords and be done with it.

(This does not consider approaches that involve wholesale deletion of
the associated sequences; I assume that such suggestions are
non-starters.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters