[seqfan] Re: Annotated version of "What's Special About This Number?" (Part 0) ... (Part 9)

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun May 30 21:47:16 CEST 2010

Daniel, You asked some questions about the new pages.

> Should OEISWiki's [[Annotated version of "What's Special About This Number?" (Part 0)]] ... (Part 9) be kept synchronized with Erich Friedman's '''[http://www2.stetson.edu/~efriedma/numbers.html What's Special About This Number?]'''?
Yes, in principal, but I'm not going to worry too much
about that for a while

> Are we allowed to add number properties to OEISWiki's version without having it reflected in Erich Friedman's version?   Yes, definitely - especially as
many of the descriptions on his pages are of a recreational nature,
whereas the OEIS is more concerned with real mathematics.
As an example of this, you can see where I added a second entry for "60",
noting that it is the smallest order of a noncyclic simple group.
So there are two entries for "60", one corresponding to Erich's page,
and the new one that refers to A001034.

>Is the OEISWiki's version supposed to be a perfect image of Erich Friedman's one?
Not really - as long as they are essentially the same that will do for now

Neil