[seqfan] Re: what defines the digits of A144565

Ray Chandler rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 1 17:21:26 CEST 2010

> Q: Does anybody know what a correct definition of
> http://oeis.org/classic/A144565 (p-th digit of sqrt(2), where
> p=prime(n)) would be? Absolutely obscure to me: I tried
> sqrt(3), sqrt(4), perhaps shifts of the enumeration of the digits...

Previously discussed on seqFan I believe.  Obscure indeed.

You have to prepend {2,1,2} (digits of "2^(1/2)") to digits of sqrt(2)= {2,1,4,...},
then take p-th digit to duplicate the sequence.

Neill chose to "rescue" a similar sequence from the same author by redefining it to "p-th digit to right of decimal
point in sqrt(2)".
Ray