[seqfan] Re: A177045: ordering of expressions built from numbers 2 and exponentiations

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue May 4 02:29:59 CEST 2010

If you look at all expressions with up to k 2's, and sort them, the
result will be correct up to and including the smallest number with
exactly k 2's.

This does not address the question of how to compare two such
expressions, since even with multiple-precision arithmetic, the values
will overflow for a fairly low value of k.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters