[seqfan] Re: question from Alexander P-sky

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu May 13 22:08:44 CEST 2010

Given two sequences a and b, where one is always at least as large as
the other, one generally considers b a bound on a if b is easier to
compute, and a is considered a bound on b if it is simpler. In this
case, A002024 is considerably simpler than A063655, so I would consider
it to be the bound.

(From the formulas section, A002024 is floor( 1/2 + sqrt(2n) ) =
round(sqrt(2n)). By contrast, computing A063655 requires factoring n.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters