[seqfan] Re: Primes embedded

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Sun May 16 16:28:55 CEST 2010

>="N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>

> It was a a pretty humorless day.

Neil, as always, thanks from all of us for your tireless efforts!

> On the other hand, this one made me laugh.

Great!  I move we amend the definition of "interesting sequence" with the
phrase "...OR makes the editor laugh!"

(And be sure to cross ref the Online Encyclopedia of Geek Humor!  I confess,
it's happened to me too, with A054244.  Having just computed  A054243 it
looked so absurd I was convinced I had a bug.  Got some weird looks from my
office mates.  I now call it "Zippy's Sequence".  Anybody else have any
laugh-out-loud OEIS-related experiences they're willing to share?)

> I am not only going to add it

BTW, this confused me a bit: it appears you recycled the number A144565 in
doing so?

> Besides, these could easily appear on some IQ test one day.

(Maybe it just did?<;-)